Our Passion Funds practice is chaired by Enrique Liberman, one of the world’s foremost authorities on luxury asset investment fund formation and governance. Accordingly, our firm is uniquely positioned to advise clients operating within the passion fund industry.
Attorneys at Bowles Liberman & Newman LLP has been involved with private investment funds focused on acquiring, managing and selling rare items of personal property including:
- Fine Art (including Impressionist, Modern, Post-War and Contemporary, Indian, Chinese Contemporary, Middle Eastern, American and Latin American art).
- Classic Cars ranging from American classic cars to European racing and sporting vehicles.
- Rare Musical Instruments (including instruments by Stradivarius and del Gesu)
- Diamonds (both rare colored fancy diamonds and white polished diamonds)
- Comic Books
- Stamps and Coins
- Fine Wines (both actual bottles or wine futures)
- Antiquities from the Roman, Persian and Egyptian cultures.
We have extensive experience in the structuring of luxury asset investment vehicles and in working with their managers to articulate their investment strategies and guidelines. We also have a comprehensive understanding of the many regulatory and compliance issues involved in forming and operating luxury asset investment funds and regularly counsel fund managers in connection with SEC, ERISA and broker-dealer compliance. We excel in the preparation of private placement memoranda and other offering documents for passion fund managers, advisors and administrators. Our attorneys are also adept at evaluating the structure and investment terms on behalf of prospective investors in passion or SWAG funds and assist clients in negotiating their investments in luxury asset investment vehicles.
Our clients benefit from our unparalleled expertise in this field and avoid the pitfalls of utilizing traditional hedge fund and private equity fund attorneys. Such attorneys understand investments in either public or private securities but have little to no knowledge of investments in luxury tangible personal property and the markets for the same. This is why our offering documents have become the standard for launching privately offered, luxury asset investment funds both in the United States and abroad.